Please review the applicable HSE Updates.
Be advised, that some of the regular dates for RAE items have been adjusted to accommodate for the holidays.
- RAE COVID Protocols:
- As per Christo’s email, RAE has returned to mandatory masking and physical distancing while in common areas of offices as well as working from home unless required. This is to align with current public guidelines (as indicated in the COVID section)
- As previously indicated, all personnel (including contractors) must supply HR with proof of their vaccination status. Like all personal info, HR will keep this info private.
- Safety Rewards Program: Where your commitment to RAE’s Safety Culture is rewarded!
- 2021 SRP: Q4 is underway with the potential to earn more than ever!
- If you have any questions or concerns about the Safety Rewards Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company Safety Meeting Presentation: due Fri 10 December 2021 *part of SRP
- If you have not already done so, please review the attached Company Safety Meeting and Employee training presentation and indicate that you have done so by replying to the email.
- Even if you miss the deadline for meeting attendance, you are still required to review the Safety Meeting presentation(s) and indicate you have done so as they contain valuable training information.
- December H&S Bulletin: Answer due by 12pm Thursday 30 December 2021 *part of SRP
- Submit your response for the Health and Safety Bulletin for a chance to win $25 and earn Safety Rewards Points
- Health and Safety Committee: *part of SRP
- If you can’t join the HSC meetings, you can participate by providing feedback, questions, or concerns as well as by reading and acknowledging the minutes. Please submit feedback prior to the next meeting so it can be brought forward.
- Next Meeting: Friday 17 December 2021 at 1pm via Teams
- Mandatory PPGs: Stats are gathered at the beginning of each month for the previous month *part of SRP
- Ensure all mandatory PPGs have been reviewed and marked as “Read”. These are mandatory for all staff.
- Hazard Reporting: Due by end of each month *part of SRP
- Once a month, submit at least 1 hazard ID, incident, accident, or near miss to email@example.com
- Non-work-related incidents count as well, just indicate that it was not work-related in the subject.
- Peer Recognitions: Due by Company Safety Meeting each month *part of SRP
- Fillable pdf cards can be found on eSynergy, doc 00.182.678
- Flu shots are now available! Visit https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/influenza/influenza.aspx to find an AHS centre, doctor’s office, or pharmacy
- COVID-19 information for Albertans: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx#p22780s6Alberta’s
- Obtain your COVID-19 Vaccine Record, now with QR code! https://www.albertavaccinerecord.ca/#/
- Vaccines: Vaccines are our best defense to beat COVID-19. All eligible Albertans are encouraged to get vaccinated.
- All Albertans ages 5 and older are now eligible to receive their vaccine shot. Visit https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx to book your appointment or visit a link below to book/walk-in at a pharmacy or Alberta Health Services (AHS) facility
- Masking: Mandatory restriction, Masks are mandatory:
- Working from home: Mandatory measure
- Mandatory work-from-home measures are in place unless the employer has determined a physical presence is required for operational effectiveness.
- If employees are working on location, they must mask in all indoor settings, except while alone in work stations.
- Social gatherings: Mandatory restriction - Updated October 5
- Indoor social gatherings
- Vaccinated: Indoor private social gatherings are limited to 2 households (yours plus one other) up to a maximum of 10 vaccine-eligible, vaccinated people and no restrictions on children under 12.
- Unvaccinated: Indoor social gatherings are not permitted for vaccine-eligible people who are unvaccinated.
- This restriction does not apply to mutual support groups, or to workers who need to access your home to provide caregiving support or home repairs and maintenance.
- Outdoor social gatherings
- Outdoor private social gatherings limited to a maximum of 20 people, with 2 metre physical distancing between households at all times.
- Indoor social gatherings
- Isolation and quarantine requirements:
- Isolation is still legally required for people who have COVID-19 symptoms or tested positive.
- Quarantine is no longer legally required for close contacts positive cases, unless directed to do so by local public health officials.
- Anyone who is a household contact and is not fully immunized, should stay home for 14 days (i.e. not attend work, school or other activities).
- International travellers must still follow federal travel requirements.
- See attached for the OHS eNews – December 2021 which includes information regarding:
- Legislative changes to the OHS Act which took effect 1 December 2021:
- New streamlined process for non-injury serious incident reporting: https://ohs-pubstore.labour.alberta.ca/li016?_ccCt=cflw-2h4rac-prrpg7-fpkgojh1
- Updates to reporting Potentially Serious Incidents (PSI):
- Improvements to COR
- Winter driving tips: https://www.alberta.ca/safer-winter-highways.aspx?_ccCt=cflw-2h4rac-prrpga-fpkgojh3#toc-1
- Summary of serious work-related injuries and incidents as reported to Alberta OHS
Energy Safety Canada (ESC)
- Energy Safety Canada will be hosting several webinars, including:
- A Safety Alert has been issued involving a valve which fell from height, striking a worker and causing serious injury
- ESC has issued a safety bulletin on safeguards. Safeguards have capacity that can prevent or minimize serious incidents, even when a person makes an error or mistake.
Technical Safety BC (TSBC)
- TSBC has issued a bulletin, Flood Safety Protocols, to aid workers who may be required to work in or pass through areas affected by the flooding in BC.
- See attached bulletin (Flood Safety Protocols) as well as included links:
- How to Prepare for a flood (includes evacuation and returning home): https://www.technicalsafetybc.ca/safety-education/flood
- Electrical and Gas Equipment Safety: https://www.technicalsafetybc.ca/alerts/information-bulletin-emergency-natural-disaster-protocol-electrical-and-gas-equipment-safety
- Incident and Hazard Reporting: https://www.technicalsafetybc.ca/alerts/information-bulletin-incident-and-hazard-reporting-gas