Please review the applicable HSE Updates.
- Company Safety Meeting Presentation: due Fri 10 June 2022
- If you have not already done so, please review the attached Company Safety Meeting and Employee training presentation and indicate that you have done so by replying to the email.
- Even if you miss the deadline for meeting attendance, you are still required to review the Safety Meeting presentation(s) and indicate you have done so as they contain valuable training information.
- May H&S Bulletin: Answer due by 8am Friday 24 June 2022
- Health and Safety Committee:
- If you can’t join the HSC meetings, you can still participate by providing feedback, questions, or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit feedback prior to the next meeting so it can be brought forward.
- Next Meeting: Friday 10 June 2022 at 1pm via Teams
- Hazard Reporting: Due by end of each month
- Once a month, submit at least 1 hazard ID, incident, accident, or near miss to email@example.com to demonstrate your commitment to thinking about safety
- Non-work-related incidents count as well, just indicate that it was not work-related in the subject.
- Safety Rewards Program: Where your commitment to RAE’s Safety Culture is rewarded!
- April winners:
- Best Safety Card ($500): Alanna Nielsen
- PRC Draw ($100): Brent Buzzell-Hunt
- If you have any questions or concerns about the Safety Rewards Program, or would like to sign-up to do a presentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April winners:
- Peer Recognitions: Due by Company Safety Meeting each month
- Cyber Security: View the ISN Cyber Security Webinar – 2022 which was recently attended by RAE Safety attached
- Solar Radiation and Sun Safety at Work: RAE Safety recently attended a webinar on sun and solar radiation safety at work. The pdf and video can be found here https://radiationsafety.ca/services/webinars/#RSW6.
- COVID-19 information for Albertans: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx#p22780s6Alberta’s
- Alberta entered Step 2 on March 1.
- Isolation and quarantine are still required for those experiencing symptoms or who have tested positive. Visit https://www.alberta.ca/isolation.aspx for details.
- NB: Some businesses or municipalities may still enforce masking or lowered capacities to reduce the risk to residents, staff, and clients.
MHCC (Mental Health Commission of Canada)
- MHCC has released their latest issue of Catalyst | Le Vecteur which includes resources on topics such as:
- Staying mentally well in a digitized world: https://mentalhealthcommission.ca/catalyst/this-is-your-brain-on-instagram/
- How the psychological and physical safety narratives are changing in the oil and gas sector: https://mentalhealthcommission.ca/catalyst/psychological-safety-at-hibernia/
- Hybrid workplaces (where staff work at the office and from home): https://mentalhealthcommission.ca/catalyst/leading-with-mental-health-in-mind-tips-for-managers-in-a-hybrid-workplace/
- The latest OHS bulletin, OHS eNews – June 2022, has been released which includes links to resources such as:
- Legal terms 101: “reasonably practicable”
- Participation in health and safety for small business owners and workers
- Workplace violence and harassment - webinar
- A new order, which came into effect 3 May 2022, that allows for the use of technology in Confined Space: Confined Space Remote Monitoring System (CSRMS)
- Two Inter-jurisdictional recognitions have been issued regarding alternative standards for PPE, for details visit https://open.alberta.ca/dataset?tags=OHS+inter-jurisdictional+recognitions&_ccCt=cflw-2ji205-4u1yyq-fpkgojh0
- New resources are available to help prevent workplace slips, trips, and falls as part of the OHS Prevention Initiative
- Refusing dangerous work and how to exercise your Right to Refuse dangerous work