Are you looking for a company that:
Values its employees by treating them with respect and recognizing their skills, abilities and ethics?
Provides training for its employees and challenges them to facilitate their development?
Has offices in Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Red Deer, and Calgary?
Provides a satisfying and dynamic work environment?
RAE Engineering could be the place for you!
We are looking for people who are highly motivated, have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy travelling.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Solid working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and practices
- Ability to learn new computer software such as project management, financial software, etc.
- Comfortable working under pressure
- Superior verbal and written communications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Recognize importance of prompt and courteous response to inquiries by phone, e-mail or in person
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, visitors, and fellow team members
- Assist controller with day-to-day accounting and AR tasks. Journal entry preparation, period closing, monthly financial reporting, WCB remittances, AR invoice processing and collections, etc.
- Cross-train AP and payroll as needed for vacation relief
- Communicate with clients, subcontractors and RAE employees on various matters
- Perform pressure vessel inspections and other inspection as per certification. Coordinate final details of field inspections.
- Inspection and sign-off of repairs.
- Perform inspections as assigned by the Chief Inspector or Team Lead to RAE Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines which governs RAE’s standard for doing inspections.
- Responsible for writing all inspection related reports.
- Responsible for following up on Action items, NCRs and other recommendations that he/she has written to ensure completion of that inspection job.
- Responsible for obtaining all relevant and associated client asset data as required by RAE procedures.
- Work with client to ensure correct installation of equipment and subsequent installation inspections.
- Maintain good relationships with legal authorities.
- Inspectors are actively promoted to gain experience and seniority in all aspects of inspection projects in order to work towards becoming Chief Inspectors.
- Inspectors can be expected to take the lead on inspection projects as experience is gained. This can include all aspects of managing such projects through proper manpower allocations, budgets, client meetings and proper reporting
- Be actively involved in building a strong company inspector program and assist with the mentoring of junior inspectors.
- Pressure Vessel Inspectors
- API 510 certificate is mandatory
- ABSA In-Service Pressure Vessel Inspection Certificate is mandatory
- Boiler Inspectors
- National Board exam completion is mandatory
- ABSA In-Service Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspection Certificate is mandatory
- Tank Inspectors
- API 653 certificate is mandatory
- Proven field inspection experience
- Intermediate Inspector: 4 - 6 years
- Demonstrated understanding of inspection theories and principles
- Demonstrated competence in asset integrity management
- Demonstrated knowledge of Provincial inspection standards and legislation
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable federal and provincial codes and best practices
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong working knowledge of risk-based inspection and reliability techniques in an operating oil and gas company
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Sound judgement combined with strong analytical skills
- Good project management skills and ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes
- Strong goal orientation and self-motivated