Are you looking for a company that:
Values its employees by treating them with respect and recognizing their skills, abilities and ethics?
Provides training for its employees and challenges them to facilitate their development?
Has offices in Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Red Deer, and Calgary?
Provides a satisfying and dynamic work environment?
RAE Engineering could be the place for you!
We are looking for people who are highly motivated, have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy travelling.
Welding Engineer - Edmonton Office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise technologists, technicians, other engineers and scientists
- Read blueprints and drawings
- Conduct studies and develop processes and machinery to concentrate, extract and refine metals from ores
- Conduct studies on the properties of materials and characteristics of materials
- Design, develop and specify processes for moulding, forming and thermal treatment of metals, alloys, ceramics and other materials
- conduct chemical and physical analytical studies, failure analyses and operational testing, and recommend materials and corrosion control measures
- Co-ordinate production testing and control of metal refining, smelting or foundry operations
Area of Specialization
- Physical metallurgy
- Failure analysis
- Extractive metallurgy
- Ferrous metals
- Non-ferrous metals
- Ceramic or porcelain application
Area of Work Experience
- Project management & planning
- Quality assurance or control
- Research and development
- Specification or technical writing
- Operations or production
- Installation, maintenance and inspection of equipment or facilities
- Occupational health and safety
- Computer software development
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association
- Salary - $62.00 per hour
- Benefits - Disability benefits, medical benefits, mileage paid, dental benefits, group insurance benefits, life insurance benefits, vision care benefits
- Permanent, full time (40 hours per week)
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years to less than 3 years
- Detail oriented, hands-on, well organized and highly motivated
- Willing to work outside in various conditions
- Willing to travel for out of town jobs